Our Mission is to deliver continuing development of strength, speed, power and discipline into our student athletes. Every day we strive for our athletes to bring hard work, accountability and complete effort to every conditioning session. We provide every service capable to help the student athlete excel on the field, off the field, and in the classroom.
"Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret" - Unknown
Our Missions Focus:
- Organize exercises that progressively stimulate the athlete’s development of the necessary strength, flexibility and metabolic needs in their individual sport.
- Teach technique and performance prior to the introduction of all new training exercises.
Sport-Specific Performance Development
- Designing speed, mobility, reaction and conditioning programs that admit the metabolic demands for each sport.
- Designing specific power and strengthening programs that admit overall strength demands for each sport.
- Use scholarly, research-based nutrition procedures and protocols for improved body composition.
- Improve flexibility and body awareness to reduce and limit athletic-related injuries.
- Demand student-athletes to be accountable for their performance, take responsibility for their actions, and make no excuses for failure.
- Keep focus and to stay committed to the teams goals and to their personal goals.
- Impart the student-athletes to be patient and to sustain during times of difficulty.
LA Mission Head Strength & Conditioning Coach
Joel Gunterman MS, CSCS
FMS I, CSAC, CWPC, DVRT I & II
Joel Gunterman is the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach here at Los Angeles Mission College. Joel received his Bachelor’s degree from Kansas Wesleyan University in Athletic Training. During his time a Kansas Wesleyan, Joel captained the Men’s Soccer team and was the Head Assistant Coach for the Woman’s Volleyball team. Joel received his Master’s Degree from Valparaiso University in Sports Administration. During his time at Valparaiso University, Joel was a Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer and Strength and Conditioning Coach. After receiving his degrees, Joel worked under Head Strength and Conditioning Coach Robert Dos Remedios as his Assistant at College of the Canyons. While at College of the Canyons, Joel was also the Head Assistant Coach for the Men’s Soccer Team. Joel is also the Athletic Facilities Coordinator for Los Angeles Mission College.
Office Phone: (818) 363-7886